As IT professionals and human individuals, we must uphold at all time code of ethics regardless whatever is our race, belief or practice. But above all of the laws of the land, the call for respect and integrity must be first and foremost, be uphold.
I took the liberty to search for the moral, professional and social norms that govern us.
I will use my special knowledge and skills for the benefit of the public. I will serve employers and clients with integrity, subject to an overriding responsibility to the public interest. And I will strive to enhance the competence and prestige profession. By these I mean:
1. I will promote public, knowledge, understanding, and appreciation of information technology;
2. I will consider the general welfare and public good in performance of my work;
3. I will advertise goods and professional services in a clear and truthful manner;
4. I will comply and strictly abide by the intellectual property laws, patent laws and other related laws in respect of information technology;
5. I will accept full responsibility for the work undertaken and will utilize my skills with competence and professionalism;
6. I will make truthful statements on my areas of competence as well as the capabilities and qualities of my product or services;
7. I will not disclose or use any confidential information obtained in the course of professional duties without the consent of the parties concerned, except when required by law;
8. I will strive to attain the highest quality in both the products and services that I offer;
9. I will not knowingly participate in the development of information technology system that will promote the commission of fraud and other unlawful acts;
10. I will uphold and improve the IT professional standards through continuing professional development in order to enhance the IT profession.