|a typical school shoe ; photo source: drshoe.com.au|
So, how do we basically take care of them? Here are some practical tips:
- Use shoe coat for that usual gloss but a much - need protection against weather and other elements like dust. With the shoe weather proofing, cleaning can be much easier.
- Refrain from cleaning your shoe with alcohol or damp cloth. A shoe brush, a dry pat and waterproof / weatherproof coating will do the trick;
- Air dry your shoe for hygiene and protection. Never put them under direct sun exposure for long hours than needed. Usually, I keep them under a roofed area and air dry for a few days;
- Keep a clean pair of socks always. Never rest your used and damp socks inside your shoes, so, not to let the bacteria thrive.
- Be kind with your shoes. Never use them inappropriately especially on using them on a recreational activity. Your shoe will last longer.