I am due for a major exam for my graduate school and unlike my performance during elementary and college days, I could hardly concentrate learning.
So, what can be natural ways to boost brain performance? I find the following ways:
- Exercise. Studies show that brain gets stimulated after exercise of say 30 minutes of running. So, go out and hit the road.
- Eat healthy food. Like our body needs the necessary nutrients, so, does our brain, so eat food like fish, legumes, nuts, broccoli, red tomatoes, or complex carbohydrates like brown rice or crops.
- Learn a new skill. When you learn a new skill like driving, programming, new language, musical instrument playing creates new brain connections.
- Stay with sensible friends and / or partner. When you indulge yourself in debate or worthy conversations, you make your brain work too.
- Read a lot. By reading more, you get to feed your brain with more facts and boost your critical skills.
- Do brain games like puzzles or chess. These games shall make you think well, recall past memories, visualize.
- Have enough sleep. From your day's work, your brain and body need to recharge from any stress and worries. So, get those needed number of hours sleep for tomorrow's recharged you.
- Take your breakfast. You need the energy and your brain needs that source of fuel too for the rest of the day.
- Stay away from drugs and alcohol. All these can make your brain deteriorate faster.
- Take multivitamins rich in Vit C, Vit K, Zinc for holistic boost.