I am a graduate of BS in Computer Science and teaching has become a daytime job for almost 15 years now. It took me this long to formalize the title and I could only hope that my actual experience can help me although it would be a total struggle over those who have a formal education.
So, come January 26, 2013, the LET exam is set to happen.
For Elementary Education, the examination includes General Education (40%) and Professional Education (60%), and for Secondary Education, the exam includes General Education (20%) and Professional Education (40%), and Specialization (40%). You may download the LET pdf here.
The following are the Professional Regulation Commission Requirements prior to board exam:
- Original and photocopies of Transcript of Records with Special Order and Date of Graduation, with scanned pictures and with remarks “FOR BOARD EXAMINATION PURPOSES ONLY”. Graduates of government schools and institutions/programs accredited by recognized accredited agencies under the FAAP are exempted from SO. Graduates of New Schools/Degree Programs must submit School Recognition and/or Permit to Operate.
- Original and photocopy of NSO-issued Birth Certificate (if NSO copy is not clear, bring copy from the Local Civil Registrar)
- For married females, original and photocopies of NSO-issued Marriage Contract (if NSO copy is not clear, bring copy from Local Civil Registrar)
- Two (2) passport-size colored pictures with white background and complete name tag
- Current Community Tax Certificate (Cedula)
- Other specific requirements as required by the Commission or the Professional Regulatory Board.
While we have options to do self - review, professional review or both, there is indeed no substitute to quality reviews. So, good luck to all LET takers, may we all pass.